Network with Fellow Professionals
Membership provides an opportunity for medical professionals to join a respected and recognised Society of over 225 years standing. It offers members the chance to take an active part in the Society, networking with fellow professionals, attending informative scientific meetings and participating in formal and informal attractive calendar of events.
There are many reasons for joining Aberdeen Medico-Chirurgical Society. Membership allows medical professionals to:
- Attend an informative programme of scientific meetings and qualify for CPD points
- Access portraits, artefacts and documents which form a unique record of local, national and international medical developments
- Provide educational support and funding bursaries for student electives
- Make use of the Society’s facilities for specialty meetings, training courses, support groups and cross specialty gatherings
- Become involved in promoting historical and epidemiological research through use of the Society’s library
- Offer valuable assistance for doctors disabled by illness including help to families via Society bequests
- Extend their network of contacts across the medical profession including GPs, consultants and other medical professionals in the North east of Scotland.
All medical practitioners in the northeast of Scotland are welcome to join the Aberdeen Medico-Chirurgical Society.